Thursday, 12 April 2012

Cathedral Window Pin Cushion

You know the thing I love most about my new found sewing obsession is that I can always whip up a little pressie when I need to.

My mum's friend Pat makes thrifty hexagon hand-stitched patchworks.  They are really what patchwork is all about - using up little old pieces of otherwise redundant fabric.  I will ask her if I can post a picture of one of her tops soon. Whenever Mum visits her, she told me that she almost always sits on a pin!  Her sofa is her pincushion.  And so, as its her birthday next week, I whizzed up this Cathedral Window Pin Cushion for her last night.

I followed a great tutorial, which you can find here on the My Go Go Life blog.  It's a really great tutorial and a quick way to try a Cathedral Window.  I love this pattern but I don't think I have the patience for a whole quilt of the little *origami* squares.  They EAT fabric !!!! But they do look super cute.


There are some amazing ones in the Flikr group.

1 comment:

  1. That's really lovely and also thoughtful - sounds like she could do with it!

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.