Wednesday, 25 April 2012

Great Gadget Cases

I was so pleased to find a really adaptable, easy tutorial to follow to make up a couple of gadget cases as presents.  These were lots of fun to make and the tutorial includes a simple equation so that it can be made to fit the particular gadget its required for!  Brilliant!  

Its on the most fantastic blog called Amy's Creative Side  and here are the two I made.




I had to go out of town today on a course with work.  It was held in the historic town of Lewes which is a little way from where I live.  In fact, its a very pleasant train journey away on an unbelievably amazing train route where the track runs right along by the pebbles with the sea just a stone's throw away, followed by spectacular views of the undulating English countryside.

As I walked up the high street, I just happened to look sideways down a little side street and this is what I saw...


pretty and quaint and almost looking too perfectly old to be real.

Cheerio for today.
Thanks for reading.
Liz 
xxxx

10 comments:

  1. Great gaget cases. If you look at mrs sew and sow blog she also posted about Lewes with some lovely photos too! Di x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Di, I will hop over and check hers out. Thanks for the heads up. My photo is a bit rainy and gloomy but it just surprised me with its quaintness today xxxx

      Delete
  2. Hi Liz - yes the castle is impressive and I had a local friend as guide! I enjoyed my day out and my visit to the Patchwork Dog and Basket shop - bit hard to find but worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely - I got the most gorgeous three FQs in the PD&B. Not must sight seeing for me as it was pouring with rain mostly and I was dashing from the train to my course. But having seen your pics, I will definitely take the family there soon for a more educational visit, with of course a little fabric shop stop!

      Delete
  3. Your cases are beautiful - I'm going to check that tutorial out because I've been dying to make a case for my iPad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Izzy.
      Looking forward to seeing your iPad one soon.
      I need to rustle up a patchwork one for some of my gadgets too...just need to convince hubby to buy me an iPad first.
      xxxx

      Delete
  4. Hi Liz, I have tagged you in a post relating to 'A Mother's Work'. I hope you don't mind, it's not strictly related to sewing I know, but I don't know whether many of the bloggers I follow have children! I would love to hear your responses, especially as you have young children like me. more details on my page. Speak soon, Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah
      Am off to yours for a looksy at the post.
      Of course I don't mind you tagging me, quite the contrary - I am v happy that you thought of me xxxx

      Delete
  5. Hi Liz,

    These are great!

    An extra tip from my experience of making them out of fleece is to make sure they've got two layers so that you can slip a piece of flexible plastic inside the lining for added protection.

    I cut up an old ice cream box lid that was passed being air tight :)

    Make sure it's a good 1cm smaller all round than the length and width of your finished item so that it doesn't get misshapen or pull on the material at all.

    ttfn
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.