Wednesday, 18 April 2012

Here's one I made earlier

Another thing I love about sewing is that my daughter thinks I am really clever at making things.  Trouble is she thinks that I am a bit cleverer than I really am because she is always asking me to make her a Cinderella style ballgown or a pair of magical fairy wings.  She has the most fantastical imagination and I could never keep up with it in bringing one of her designs to life.

But we do both love the Flower Fairies and when I saw this stunning panel on sale at Quilters Haven, I knew exactly what I would make her for Christmas last.

As my sewing time takes place each evening when the Dandelions are asleep in their beds, I hid the parcel of fabric when it arrived and I managed a stealthy covert operation to make this whole quilt without my little lady finding out.

The Flower Fairy fabric is far more gorgeous in real life than you can imagine.  Several of the prints have glittery thread running through it.  The colours are refined by captivating and the details are beautiful beyond belief.  The binding fabric I used was called "Fairy Frost" and it is a feast of shimmery whispers.

I really enjoyed the free motion quilting on the panel.  I outlined the fairy and picked out certain details on the  flowers.  It was so much fun!










Cheerio
I hope you squeeze a little crafting into your day
xxxx

6 comments:

  1. That is one gorgeous fairy quilt! Thankfully I only have a boy and he isn't remotely interested in anything I make him, so no requests :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly.
      I bet he will be soon - then you'll be whipping up Super Hero capes and Masks aplenty!
      xxxx

      Delete
  2. Just gorgeous. My daughter is 3 this summer and I was going to do a 'flower faries' birthday party. I like the idea of a little hunting for flower faries at the party! Sadly there won't be time to make a gorgeous quilt like this, but I might whip up a little flower faries bunting, and I have a pack of postcards with their pictures on for the invites and thank you cards. Great work, looking forward to seeing more :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds sublime Sarah.
      I ♥ bunting. In fact, I just decided today to make my first tutorial this weekend of some Right Royal Jubilee Fancy Bunting!
      Your party ideas sound so lovely.
      xxxx

      Delete
  3. You sound as though you love your quilting, and your lovely children. I look forward to seeing your tutorial on bunting which will be in great demand during the Jubilee.Your fairy quilt is unbelievably gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz...I like your blog and am presenting you with the Liebster Blog Award. Check out my blog for more info on the Liebster Award. Congrats!
    Karin at http://thequiltyarn.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.