Wednesday, 4 April 2012

The one about the "Dare to be Square" by Boo Davis

As an avid reader and now an avid quilter, I naturally love books about quilts and sewing projects.  Although I always love reading them and especially gazing at the beautiful quilts contained therein, I rarely feel desperate to make each and every single one.

However, Boo Davis' book "Dare to be Square" is one amazing read.  Fresh, interesting ideas that take quilting design into the 21st century.

It is easy to follow and I can't wait to make these contemporary quilts.  There is a great flikr group set up in the same name.

But which quilt to make first?  Before the book arrived, I had already decided it would be the robot quilt but the cover pic Owl is the one I couldn't resist.

I got my fabric from one of my favourite online UK fabric stores Backstitch. One of my favourite things is when the postman delivers a package of fabric but Alice at Backstitch wraps it up so beautifully that it makes it even more divine - tissue paper, ribbon and a little note.  She is usually super quick too.





I have just completed the Hootenany quilt.

  And a pieced backing:-
 

6 comments:

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.