Friday, 20 April 2012

This little blog got the Liebster Blog Award today!


Imagine my surprise when I sat down with my first cup of tea of the day (it's extremely late today as I ran out of milk this morning) and read the most wonderful comment on my blog today telling me that Karin from The Quilt Yarn blog was presenting me with the Liebster Blog award!!!!!

*rolls out the red carpet*

*gets dressed up in a fancy frock*

*maybe even a wears a hat*

and then let's herself down by...

*doing the swingpants dance*

Can you tell, I'm a little bit excited and happy!

Before I started properly committing to this little blog of mine, I had no idea how thrilling it could be to gain a Follower, or receive a comment from a reader.  I danced around my living room when I noticed my first Follower and my children both looked at me as if I really had gone doolally.  I still feel that same excitement for every new one.

Now you can probably get some idea how giddy I feel about being presented with this Award.  Thanks to Karin who has really made my day 

About the Liebster Blog Award 

The origins of the Liebster Blog award are somewhat unclear but the general consensus is that it originated in Germany, Liebster meaning favourite or dearest, to showcase bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. Upon accepting the award the recipient must then pass it on to five more blogs of note. A way of introducing other bloggers to the blogs you enjoy.

The Liebster Convention says that:-
1.  Thank your award presenter on your blog and link back to him/her;
2.  Copy and paste the award to your blog;
3. Present the Liebster Award to 5 blogs (with less than 200 followers) that you love;
4.  Leave a comment on their blog to let them know;
5. Have faith that those award winners will spread the blog love.

I will announce my winners tomorrow.

But before I go... a little bit of fabric eye candy that arrived yesterday from Backstitch.








Cheerio for today
Liz
xxxx

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!! Your blog is just lovely, and your work amazing, you deserve it. Love the fabrics too. I am going to get some of the Walk in the Woods collection soon too, it's gorgeous. I am going to re-design my blog this weekend with help from my husb, it's on my very long 'to- do' list of quilt, blog and craft related activities!

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.