Saturday, 14 April 2012

Fun to make hooded towel and my fabric basket

When my daughter (DD = Dandelion Daughter) returns to school next week, the swimming pool will reopen and all 200 pupils will get to swim twice a week.  They have the most amazing swimming teacher called Mrs Jones.  She ROCKS!!! She just has a knack at teaching even the most wary water goer to swim.  My daughter loves her and I am so glad that she doesn't dread swimming lessons like I used to at school.

A little while ago, I stumbled upon a really great blog called Notes from the Patch.  I love the colours on this blog and even better it has the most fun tutorial for the best hooded towels ever.   They are just fun and quick but the result is impressive.

And so, in honour of the new swimming term...


 Its hard to photograph!

I let DD decide what fabric trim she wanted and from my entire fabric stash, she chose this psychedelic number.  I thought you might like a little nosey at my stash basket too.




Thanks for stopping by to read my little blog.  I am overwhelmed by the number of visitors.  Thank you so much.  It really makes me smile.  I positively grin ear to ear at a comment, so why not leave me one right now.
xxxx

2 comments:

  1. Lovely stash! I must sort my fabric out - it's been so long since I did any sewing that I've forgotten what's hiding in my dustbin-full under the stairs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous - the towelling hoody, and especially your stash!!
    Love Sarah
    http://sewnowwearefour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.