Thursday, 31 May 2012

And so... Pencilmania begins

Remember this from the other day...

I love this pencil quilt - cant wait for the pattern which is going to be in an American quilting mag in May
Photo by Suppose Quilt blog


I have been itching to get started on my Pencilmania mini quilt ever since I saw it.

The Quilt Sampler magazine arrived a few weeks ago but I was halted in my tracks after I read the instructions and realised that all those gorgeous pencil leads are actually ickle paper pieced blocks *runs away and hides*

But tonight I plucked up courage to actually sit and read how to do it.  

Hey presto...


My first ever attempt at anything paper pieced.  

Can I get a *whoop whoop*? 

It wasn't anywhere near as scary as I imagined it would be.  I can't wait to get the iron to it {now that is a sentence I never thought I would type!!!}  I have a strange relationship with my iron.  I detest ironing clothes ever since I was a teenager and a friend of my mum hired me to iron her son's professional golfing attire.

Hope y'all have had a great day.
Cheerio
Liz
xxxx

2 comments:

  1. Yay for embracing it, it looks great! BTW, I have a foundation paper piecing for the terrified series on my blog if that helps you at all :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I'd realised how much ironing was invovled in quilting I'd never have started! Get better, sweetie x

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.