Monday, 7 May 2012

Fabulous Fast Flowers

There is a drought in our area at the moment. 

From the day that the hose-pipe ban kicked in at the start of April, we have had nothing but rain.

The flowers in the garden don't know what to do with themselves.

So, I thought I would make some of these fast fabulous fabric flowers to cheer up my May Day.


They are a really great way of using up scraps. All you do is cut out five saucer sized circles, press in half and then in quarters with the iron and sew a huge basting stitch around the curved edge.  Join all five petals together and then pull the thread tight before adding a button to the middle and hey presto! its Spring again.

Fast Fab Fabric Flowers
xxxx

4 comments:

  1. These are just adorable, and so simple! I must have a go at making one soon. What are you going to put yours on? I am thinking they would make great broaches :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah. These are great fun to make too. I made a bunch once whilst sitting in the hairdressers!!
      I did put broach pins on the back of a few and they look lovely on bags too.
      xxxx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks N - nice to see a pic of you again.
      xxxx

      Delete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.