Friday, 18 May 2012

Finished Object Friday

I am so sorry that I've neglected you this week, little blog.  I hope you will forgive me.  There's a lot to tell you and I'm hoping that a Finished Object will be the perfect thing.

I managed to get the baby quilt finished, including an embroidered label.  I am so completely happy with how it turned out, which for a moderate perfectionist is no small miracle.

It feels amazing to have sold a quilt.  I'm beaming today, I can tell you.


I've had an idea.  I'm sure you've seen those darling plush memory rabbits and bears that are made out of baby clothes.  Well, I really like the idea of a way to keep those treasured memory pieces of fabric but another plush toy of any kind is just not joining this household.  We are crammed to the rafters with softies.

So, I am cooking up an idea of having a raw edge appliqué patches stitched onto some quilting cotton solid colour material.  The patches of material are because most baby/child's clothing is stretch jersey and I don't think it would work well as a patchwork without the cotton fabric as a stabiliser.  

I am picturing a gorgeous print for the backing and something fabulous for the binding.

What do you think?  Any advice or even just a little encouragement would be gratefully received.

Hoping that you've all had a great week.
Cheerio for today
Liz
xxxx


2 comments:

  1. Sounds lovely Liz. I'm keeping favourite babygros and tops and am planning some sort of memory quilt in the future, so I'll be keeping an eye on yours! Love the bay quilt too, well done on the commission :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous quilt and the love the idea of a memory quilt, though I have no useful advice :)xx

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.