Tuesday, 8 May 2012

Happy Hexagons

I would say that I fit into the category of Utter Novice when it comes to hand sewing.

But for months, I have been admiring other people's hexagons and wishing I knew how.

After seeing this month's blocks on Craftsy and watching their amazing video tutorial, I finally plucked up courage to give them a go.

I friend of mine emailed me a PDF of a whole sheet of hexagons, which I hurriedly cut out and after gathering up a few of my material scraps, I was ready to go.

What do you think?  cute as a button!




Now, I just need to make these into a little pouch to carry my On-The-Go hexies and I will never have a wasted moment again.  In fact, I am quite looking forward to my next dentist appointment now that I can hex the waiting time away! ROFL*

Cheerio for today
Liz
xxxx



*ROFL = roll on the floor laughing (translation provided for my mum who is an avid reader of this blog)

8 comments:

  1. Aww, love the hedgie centre!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. That was such a tiny scrap of fabric but as the whole hodgeheg was on it, I just had to save it. So glad I did because he makes me smile. xxxx

      Delete
  2. 1st go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are clearly a natural, because they are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have just found you via Priddy Priddy, and I love your blog! Have a lovely day, Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome here Claire.
      So glad that you found me and look forward to hearing from you again soon.
      Kind regards
      xxxx

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I really keep thinking I should give these a go. Maybe I will be brave later!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should. They are really enjoyable to make. I would love to see yours if you do.
      xxxx

      Delete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.