Sunday, 6 May 2012

Love is in the air!

Love is in the air!

Yesterday, a lovely couple got married in a most the stylish wedding of 2012. It was relaxed, understated and charming.  The Bride's dress was an elegant affair with floaty layers of soft tulle, complemented by a cashmere bolero.  It was soft, romantic and beautiful and utterly perfect to match this stunning bride.

Their wedding invitations had been printed on Penguin Book postcards and the seating plan on the day was lovingly pressed out manually using one of those vintage Dynamo machines.  There were painted jugs with bright flowers on the tables and homemade extravagant cakes under glass domes.  The evening buffet was a hog roast.  

The thing I will remember most about the whole affair was how happy they both were to be married to one another. 

So, I thought today would be the perfect day to show you my favourite {lovely} cushion.



I made this cute heart cushion using one block of this pattern.

And I added lots of buttons mostly because I just discovered the button foot on my sewing machine!



Sewing on buttons so quickly on the sewing machine makes me smile :0)




Here's to the newly-weds - long may their happiness continue!
Cheerio
Liz
xxxx

3 comments:

  1. Lovely :)

    Could you possibly photograph your button foot for me in case I've got one and didn't know about it lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah - I have just added a pic of the button foot to this blog entry for you. Hope you do find one in your collection of feet. They are fab xxxx

      Delete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.