Monday, 28 May 2012

Quilted Zippered Pouch

Yesterday I made this quilted zippered pouch ready for all my supplies that I need to take to the Retreat at the weekend.


As I'm only going for the day on Saturday and all of my classes involve hand sewing, I'm not taking my sewing machine.  Hopefully most of my basic supplies will fit in this pouch.


I really struggled with the bit of fabric at either end of the zipper because I the quilted block was the wrong size for my zip.  The zip was about two/three inches too short  I totally messed it up but its passable and completely usable, so I will try ask someone at the Retreat what I should have done... or maybe you know and will leave me a comment telling me how/when I should have sewn that bit.

I cut up my fabrics for the classes I'm doing.  I still need to get some more colours of the embroidery floss for Aneela Hoey's class but I am super happy with how everything else went.


The little pieces of fabric are for the English Paper Piecing class with Tacha Bruecher.  I decided to try the Snowball design.


And my little girlie Dandelion had left this sweet daisy chain on my sewing machine just to make me smile.


Linking up with Manic Mondays over on Sew Happy Geek


Sew Happy Geek


Cheerio for today
Liz
xxxx

8 comments:

  1. I love your Union Jack pouch - you've inspired me to make one for myself possibly with some fabric I bought last year. I've also had problems with zips so I put a piece of fabric over each end of the zips just to hide the ends and I thought it looked better. Enjoy your retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pouch! I'm sure someone at the retreat will know what to do with those ends. I always struggle with them too.
    See you there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Liz, a workshop with Aneela Hoey! I just discovered her embroidery patterns, they're gorgeous. I can't wait to see what you make. I've got A Walk in the Woods to make a quilt for Betsy, and Little Apples to make a quilt for Meg. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, what you need is zipper tabs, check out my friend Bree's tute:

    http://www.sewsweetness.com/2011/08/sewing-back-to-school-inserting-zippers.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your zippy case is lovely, I love the union jack you've made. Retreat sounds so much fun, especially the classes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You need a chopstick to get the corners out ;-). Love the pouch xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. As you know I can't sew for toffee so I love it, well zipped or not ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spotted you on Manic Monday Linky Party and so glad I did - your flag pieces all remind me of home and I'm so sad that I'm missing out on the Queen's celebrations. I do get to see English tv so I'm keen to soak up as much of the atmosphere as I can over the next few days courtesy of the BBC. Anyway, love your stuff and thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.