Wednesday, 9 May 2012

WIP Wednesday

Work In Progress Wednesday seems like the perfect time to update on the progress of the Siblings Together quilt.  The last time I wrote about it, I think I just had my middle blocks prepared.

I have been doing a little bit here and there.

Over the last few days, it has really come together.



It was so tricky to decide how to quilt it.  But as I'm scared of straight lines, it just had to be stippled.

I chose contrasting Gutterman thread and I am really happy with how it turned out overall.  I can definitely see an improvement in my free motion quilting.


The backing is pindots in dark blue on white.


Now, its nearly finished!


Just the binding to sew down on the back and the label to add.

Other WIPs this week
I am helping at my daughter's school to make an altar cloth with a talented group of students, so a lot of my time is being taken up with prep work for our next session.
And, rather excitingly, I have finally accepted my first proper quilt commission; a baby quilt for a lovely lady that my husband works with.

Linking up with Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday

Grab a button:

Hope you all have a fabulously stitchy Wednesday.
Cheerio
Liz
xxxx

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful quilt, what a quick finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Siblings quilt is gorgeous Liz and way to go with your first commission x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz this is great! Congratulations on your commission too! Jo Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt looks great, love the bright colours

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liz that is amazing!!! Well done you! I bet you're pleased :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilt Liz! And congrats on the commission... how cool is that?! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.