Saturday, 30 June 2012

Getting My Creative Juices Flowing

A few weeks ago, I decided to sign up for the Brit Quilt Swap.   We are swapping mini quilts in this round.

I am completely terrified but also absolutely excited to take part.  I am a rookie newbie to this fantastic swap but the talent in the group is overwhelming.  The thought that I will be the proud owner of a mini quilt made just for me by an amazing sewista was just too enticing and I had to go for it.

We were assigned our partners just this last week, which means that I have been acquainting myself from afar {stalking} someone new to me.

Ideas have been bubbling around my head for several days but I have finally come up with a plan.

Sadly, for now, that is all I can divulge but watch this space...


What I can tell you is that on another project, I have been practising sewing circles.


Blimey! they don't show up well in the photograph above.

I used a technique I learned last week at the quilt show to leave no raw edges.  The circles look they they are needle-turn appliqués.

Alongside this technique, I got a few tips on appropriate thread - including using special bobbin thread for appliquéing and the benefit of sewing the circle on the tiniest stitch length possible before turning it.




The postman has just delivered the most fantastic parcel all the way from Germany.  It's from Christine of Grapes and Hearts blog.  We met through the Fat Quarterly Retreat preparations.  We both joined in late and were going to swap gifts at the Retreat. When I didn't make it, Christine offered to send me what she'd made.  Of course, I happily reciprocated.

Just check out this fantastic array of loveliness

What could be inside????

Pouch, sweets and card holders

Infinity Scarf

Thanks for visiting me and my daydreams today.
Cheerio
Liz
xxxx

5 comments:

  1. Love the circle block and the contents of your FQR package :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the circles, and love your parcel, both wrappings and contents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant parcel! I do like your circles and look forward to seeing it finished. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those circles look perfect. How lucky to have met such a fine teacher! Wish I had someone near me too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your circles look really nice and inspired me to try some for 2 mug rugs I want to make as a gift! Thank you for your great goodies, Liz! I really hope that we will finally meet next year!

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.