Sunday, 24 June 2012

The National Quilt Champs at the Racecourse

I have just got in from a thoroughly lovely day at the National Quilt Championships 2012 at Sandown Racecourse.

My mum and I hitched a ride with the local 1066 Quilters.  We were warmly welcomed by their coach load of members.

It was my first time attending this show and it was so much fun to see all that fabric in one place.

Here is my haul for the day... well, okay here is a {bit} of my haul for the day :wink:

Untitled

The Perle Cotton is amazing and I am so pleased to have found the girl tweezers that I have been hankering after all year!

Pop back tomorrow for pics of some of the quilts we saw and more stash too.

Hope you all had a super Sunday
Cheerio
Liz
xxxx

4 comments:

  1. Wow sounds like a lovely day! Are you planning on doing some hand quilting with that lovely pearle cotton?! And that pattern looks great, can't wait to see what you make next xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, enjoy the new goodies :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you recommend the show to go to? The quilts - were they traditional or modern or a good mix? Love what you bought btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a good day out! Di x

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.