Monday, 25 June 2012

Quilt Show Inspiration

There really were some magnificent quilts on display at yesterday's National Quilt Championships in Sandown Racecourse.

I took a few pictures of some truly amazing quilts, to share with you all.  They were so inspiring.  Some that I absolutely loved had notices saying "No Photography" which is so sad.  I really wanted to remember how great they were.

Here are some of the exhibits:-

Sandown Quilt Championship
Add caption
Sandown Quilt Championship
Critters' After Party by Marijke Van Welzen
Sandown Quilt Championship
Add caption
Sandown Quilt Championship
Catherine Wheel by Jennie Payment
Sandown Quilt Championship
The Magic Isle by Alison Smart
Sandown Quilt Championship
A Walk on the Wild Side at Sunset by Sandy Peat
Sandown Quilt Championship
Woodland Wildlife by Deborah Collins
Sandown Quilt Championship
Add caption

The credits are copied from the Programme I bought for the day, where I could locate them - I hope that they are correct as these amazing sewista's deserve full proper credit.  It was my first show and I stupidly didn't capture the entry number with the quilt which would have helped me identify them more easily.  Please help me add credits if you know the details. 

I attended an amazing Workshop called Creating Hand Look Needle-Turn Effect Applique by Machine with Eileen Blood.  More on that soon...

Thank you so much for visiting.
Cheerio
Liz
xxxx

5 comments:

  1. Very cool! Looking forward to seeing those new skills of your in action ;-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting my picture!
    Marijke
    www.art2wearblog.blogspot.com/ncr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marijke
      Thank you so much for commenting. I couldn't reply to you direct as you are a No Reply Blogger {just in case you didn't know}.
      Your coat is amazing. I am in awe.
      Off now to take a look at your blog.
      xxxx

      Delete
  3. Hi There Liz
    can't be sure but the 1st picture looks amazingly like a Katherine Guerrier quilt Or one made in her style anyhow!
    Lorraine
    MB&Q

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.