Monday, 18 June 2012

Summersville Sewing

Inspired by the orange zip I bought at the Haberdashery, I made this start on a quilted zippered Summersville pouch that has been floating around in my imagination ever since I saw Lu's amazing fabric.


Hopefully I will manage to get both panels quilted tomorrow - not sure how yet.  Any suggestions? FMQ squiggles? straight lines?


Linking up to the Manic Monday Linky Party over on Sew Happy Geek.




Sew Happy Geek
 
and also Plum and June's Monday Link Up
 
Plum and June

 
Hoping you have a lovely day.
Cheerio 
Liz
xxxx

11 comments:

  1. We have lots in common. I LOVE Summersville and orange! My next quilt after Ruby is going to be with this fabric. Your pouch will be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhh I love summersville, Happy pouching

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pouch will look great in Summersville. The only problem you will have is in deciding what to keep in it! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh i love Summersvile - straight line quilting please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh I love Summersville, I seem to be stock piling it at the minute x
    Straightline quilting ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, I love that you bought something and then worked your way up to using it

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with the other comments to use straight lines.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! I'd do square grid quilting on a pouch that size.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Summersville is AWESOME! Sigh, I am on a budget otherwise some of that beautiful fabric would be in my possession. Do enjoy it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gotta love Summersville, I've got a couple of bits here...if only I had time to play! Talking of which, so sorry I've not been in touch, had busy weeks with Felix's birthday and my hen-do! Quieter next week, fancy having a go at meeting up?! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have had people ask if I make quilted bags and I've never tried it. I don't know why.
    I bought some cute material today to make a bag for my middle daughter's 21st birthday. I don't want to make my usual plain old fabric bag so envisioning in my mind how to make it differently.

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.