Wednesday, 6 June 2012

WIP Wednesday



Progress has been slow this week.  Mostly due to that horrible bug I caught but also due to the fact that its half term and I've also been sidetracked by the Queen.
I have managed to get this far with the Pencilmania block.  Sorry for this terrible pic but its been raining non-stop for days here.
During the making of this block, I realised how tiny and limited my fabric stash is.  I really need to expand my rainbow colours.

Anyhow, its only going to be a mini-quilt wall hanging/mug rug that I am making as a Teacher Appreciation gift for Dandelion Daughter's teacher.  I can't decide whether to add any embroidery (hand or machine) to it.  
If you know any good succinct teacher/learning/education quotes, please let me know because at the moment I'm drawing a blank on it.

The Snowball block also needs finishing off - another puzzle for me.  I'm not sure whether to appliqué the block onto a white background, or add triangles to the corners of the block.  What do you think?

Linking up with:-

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Cheerio and happy sewing
Liz
xxxx

7 comments:

  1. love the pencils! Appropriate for a teacher!
    I am now a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think corner triangles but I knows nothing !! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pencils are seriously adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi LOVE LOVE LOVE the pencil mania where did you get the pattern my GD would love it? are you allowed to share it??? and as for the snowball blocks - well corners would be dandy!!
    Lorraine
    Monkey Business and Quilts

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think on the paper it had corner triangles, I think I'm going to make it into a placemat and just bind it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you made great progress on your pencil mini quilt! One day I will try to make one as well! And I'd add triangles to the corners, too! Happy sewing, Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the pencils! What did you decide about the corners? Love the block!

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.