Tuesday, 10 July 2012

Circles Three Ways

Yet another post from me about circles.

But when Katy from The Littlest Thistle nudged me about the Inset Circle Challenge occurring over at hers this month {including a Linky Party at the end of the month too}, I just had to give another circle technique a go.

Katy lists a number of brilliant tutorials on her post, and having watched/read them all, I decided to go with Very Kerry Berry's method.

I cut out my circle

Untitled

and I cut out my inset circle with a diameter one inch bigger, then I pinned neurotically.  I set my stitch length to minuscule and off I went.

Untitled

I hated every second of it.

It was tricky and annoying sewing round that circle with pins pricking me every other second.

But it went together really well.

Untitled

However, the expanse of fabric looked a little bare, so...

Untitled

I thought what the heck, wouldn't it be fun to try all the circle techniques out on this one block.  

I added a Porthole to the bottom left corner and lots of appliqué circles to every other available space. 

Circles Three Ways

Then I quilted it and transformed it into a cushion.  Quite a boyish cushion.

Circles Three Ways
Untitled

Voila Cushion a la Circles Three Ways.

xxxx

12 comments:

  1. Very cool and a great looking cushion! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously I am going to die if I don't find out how to make a porthole soon! Great work Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a whole new concept for me and I love it. Your fabric is great especially since I am so fond of anything British! Well.....except for Marmite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You clever woman! New skills and a boy cushion to boot! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, well done for trying them all! Note to self, remember to look up how to create a linky party now someone's risen to the challenge... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant cushion, even if you did find it a faff to make,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cushion - now stop fannying around and make my block ;-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cushion and well done for working those circles! Who is the lucky recipient?? xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks fab. Please tell me how to do portholes x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so creative! One looked great, but a bunch really looks nice.

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.