Saturday, 28 July 2012

Fun at the Fayre

As with many English villages at this time of the year, the Summer Fayre and Flower Show was held at our local recreation ground today.

Emboldened by THAT lady on the telly, I decided to enter a couple of handicraft classes; a miscellaneous crafts class and another incorporating the diamond design.  My little Dandelion girl and I had such fun getting everything ready and going to the rec. first thing this morning to *stage* our entries.  It was hilarious, but the tension was high - especially with money prizes ranging from 50p to £2.00 up for grabs!!!

Later when the crowds had gathered, we returned.  You need to imagine your own soundtrack to these pics - the local brass band blaring out their ditties; the ladies choir's rendition of Gary Barlow's Jubilee song "Sing".

Untitled

Fun at the Fair, it just wouldn't be complete without candy floss.

Untitled

Beautiful flowers.

Untitled

with Olympic themes

Untitled

And last but not least our entries - just check out that fantastic artwork

Untitled
Untitled

Whoop whoop - we got a Second Prize.  Admittedly there were only three entries in this class, but we are still smiley as a result.

In other news... Blogger {or rather Google+} seems to be playing me up at the moment.  It seems to have decided to make me back into a No Reply Blogger.   Grrrrr it was such a pain to sort out the first time around.  I am very very grateful  to Hadley who emailed me to let me know.  I think I have fixed it now, but boy has by inbox been quiet these past few days.  I have missed you guys.

Happy Olympics - hope you are enjoying them as much as we are.
The Opening Ceremony was utterly amazing and the red button has kept us fully amused for every spare second today.
Cheerio for now.
Liz
xxxx

10 comments:

  1. LOVE that Union Jack Pillow. The fair looked like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fantastic day and well done on your 2nd!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh Im glad that woman encouraged you :) love the tea cosey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I think you should have won first though! You told me that I was a no reply blogger, which aside from confusing the hell out of me then sent me off to find out what that meant, and I read this article which (kind of) cleared it up a bit as I have a Wordpress blog http://piecemealquilts.wordpress.com/2011/09/08/no-reply-no-kidding/ Not sure if this will help you though... Lots of love JoJo XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like fun, and congrats on your prize, don't spend it all at once ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on 2nd Prize! (Although you should have come 1st!) Sounds like you and your daughter had a lot of fun :-) Love love loved the Opening Ceremony, but had to keep running upstairs to attend to a poorly daughter which was a shame and also not nice seeing her poorly :-( Just loved the final moments with the torch, just breathtaking. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a fun day! Well done on 2nd prize! Loving that little Union Jack pillow - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gotta copy cat you and make a Tea cozy now :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your prize, thoroughly deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Testing again to check I am not a No Reply blogger.

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.