Sunday, 22 July 2012

Wow What A Weekend

The Sun is shining!  I am so glad that it is because I believe there was a very important wedding going on today, but more about that soon on another blog you know and love...

Not only have we had the most beautiful sunshine but I have had the most amazing weekend.

Yesterday, the hubster and I spent the whole day together belatedly celebrating our wedding anniversary.  We actually had a whole day on our own without the Dandelions to keep us entertained.  Just two *grown ups* toogevva ;0)

We went here and browse the fabrics before eating a very very late breakfast in their restaurant, something I can highly recommend, especially if you are partial to scrambled eggs on toast.

Untitled

Then we went there...

Untitled

Rather embarrassingly, it was my first visit to the V&A.

I can't even begin to tell you how much I loved it and how much inspiration I got from it.  I can't wait to go back there again very soon.


I particularly loved these marble carved decorative windows. They were so beautiful in the light and I would love to make an all white patchwork inspired by them.

Untitled
Untitled

Today was another BIG day for Hastings.

We regained the Guinness World Record for the most Pirates in one Place with over 14,000; smashing the previous record by 6,000.

And then these guys turned up to close the day

{awe inspiring brilliance}
Untitled


Untitled

Untitled

Blissful.
I so hope that you have had a lovely weekend too.
Cheerio
Liz
xxxx

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a fab weekend. It was warm and sunny here which always makes the weekend go well! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like loads of fun, hope you were out with your wooden leg and eye patch today ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a perfect weekend! Liberties and the V and A and the Red Arrows, what more could you ask for! Happy Anniversary to you both as well, it sounds like you had a wonderful time celebrating. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on another year notched up! Looks like you had a great weekend and I love the photos of the red arrows, Hastings was clearly the place to be over this weekend. How lovely to be so near the beach and to have sun for the start of the summer holidays. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! What a great way to celebrate. I confess it took me a year to get to the V&A but as soon as I got there I joined as a member straight away! I intend to go back each month for inspiration.
    There is plenty there.
    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that looks like a perfect weekend to me! I love the VA, although I have only been a few times. And the red arrows are just so awesome

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.