Sunday, 19 August 2012

I'm Seeing Green

I'm seeing green...

no, not because I am jealous...

I was feeling a bit envious of everyone traipsing off to the Festival of Quilts, but then my darling friend Moira {Mrs Kettleboiler} sent me a share of her haul.  I am bowled over by her kindness

Untitled

Dandelions.  Aren't they just THE best.  I can see these as fussy cut centres of my next blocks.

Anyway, I digress... back to the whole seeing green thing...

I signed up for another secret swap.  I think I'm addicted to swaps.  They seem to get my creative juices flowing; make me try something new and different and entice me with all the suspense of trying to suss out who is making what for me in return.

This one is called the Pretty {little} Pouch Swap Round 5 and IT is the reason I am seeing green...

here is what I have done so far...


Untitled
String pieced, needle-turn freestyle leaf applique
Untitled
Tiny paper pieced 9 patch
Untitled
String pieced, needle-turn style freestyle leaf applique


I have spent all day on these tiny little details but I think that they fit my partner's brief pretty well, so I hope that she likes them.

A question for you
When I was sewing today, I used a lovely Olive Green thread and I realised that its probably my favourite colour thread.
And then it got me wondering...
What is your favourite colour everyday machine sewing thread?

Please leave me a comment and let me know.
Kind regards and cheerio
Liz
xxxx


Plum and June

13 comments:

  1. Oh dear I am so dull ... my favourite is a light grey or taupey cream so that it blends in with most things. I guess I am more utilitarian than I thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new stash, lucky girl! I'm even more boring than Gertie, I use mostly white, followed by a neutral colour, then black and finally grey...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your green leaf and block! Gorgeous fabrics :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have to agree with Gertie - it's a neutral for me or alternatively white. I have just been sewing with some gold thread for a 'crazy quilt' block which was fab - gold zig zags! Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great fabric - Moira is too cool for school!

    Love what you have done so far for your pouch swap and my favourite thread is white (Aurifil) - I love it so much I have the biggest cone in the world ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dandelion fabric is great. Moria is really thoughtful. The green leaf and block are fab. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pale sludgy green for me, either Aurifil or Mettler, or pale grey, absolutely not white (rarely use white fabric). Your greens are lovely, make me feel cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your tiny nine patch block! My everyday colour is off-white unless I piece something dark, then I shift to grey. Super exciting, I know ;op
    Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Moira is so lovely! that's a beautiful leaf :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Moira is so lovely! that's a beautiful leaf :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Moira is so lovely! that's a beautiful leaf :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Moira is so lovely! that's a beautiful leaf :)

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.