Saturday, 11 August 2012

Japanese + and x Table Runner Ta-Dah

It's quilted and bound, and I have to say it has turned out to be one of my favourite finishes ever.

It's made from random scraps.

Inspired by the FQRK Bee Blocks for this month.

I quilted it simply by outlining the grey triangles in the blocks. {thanks to Susan and Ceri for this suggestion}

I think this is the first time that I have used the same fabric for my binding as for my border.  I always thought it a {dull} or *boring* option.  But I was totally wrong about that and I LOVE how it blends.  It gives the finish a really polished look.

Now, have I bigged it up enough?????

*drumroll please*
and maybe a little blast of the opening of Kanye West's "Gold Digger"
Editing to add: Ugh to this awful video but my advice would be to press play, overt your gaze, and scroll quickly past on to the quilted eye candy below.

and here...

it...

is...

Untitled


Untitled

Untitled

Hoping you have a happy Saturday.
Kind regards
Liz
xxxx

11 comments:

  1. It is stunning! I and I love the way you quilted the border to highlight it. The binding is perfect in the grey to. The whole thing is just spot on brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fantastic and I agree with Susan - the border and quilting were spot on choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I have seen these before, and haven't always liked them scrappy. But i love yours. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks fantastic - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very! very! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely LOVE this runner Liz - cracking job! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely! Really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks great, and love the uni-colour border and binding

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally gorgeous - just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is sweeeeet. i love it. Love the simple quilting too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks fantastic! Great block and I love the space rocket fabric.

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.