Monday, 10 September 2012

Homework Heaven

Can you imagine how happy I felt when my little girl came home from school and asked to do some sewing with me for her homework?

Seriously properly chuffed.

I have had a recent flourish of making quilted journal covers as pressies for friends and family's birthdays.  This week Year 3's homework was to cover their Homework Book and my little Dandelion had decided that fabric was the way to go.

We had a thoroughly lovely afternoon picking out fabrics; working out measurements and sewing together.  She is pretty good at straight lines sewn at Tortoise speed already.

Untitled


Untitled
Front cover

Untitled
Back cover

Untitled
Inside
Hoping that you all had a fantastic weekend.
Cheerio for now
Liz
xxxx

13 comments:

  1. that's gorgeous!!! How completely cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Beats the wrapping paper that I covered my books in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz, I changed a couple of settings. Can you tell if I am still non-rely please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How special that she wanted to make it in fabric! It is really lovely & I bet makes the other kids want one. Could be her first business venture??

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cool - way to go Dandelion! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great project! Well done, Little Dandelion! Great choice of fabrics, I love me some backyard baby myself! Just tell me who's prouder? Mommy or Little Dandelion? hihi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome! Great job, little dandelion! I like the fabrics she chose too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is fantastic!! Love the owls and apples! Oh and of course the dandelions :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You both did a great job. I reckon the other mums will be having to brush up on their sewing skills! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  10. How adorable! She may start a trend at school, too!

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.