Wednesday, 10 October 2012

A bit more WIP

I've managed to get a bit more work done on the front of the bag that I am making for the Modern She Made Swap.

Drawing inspiration from my partner's mosaic/blog and general likes, I decided on *scrappy* and when I saw Aneela Hoey's fabulous "Girl on a Swing" tutorial, an idea came together and this is the result...


Modern She Made Swap

Sorry it's not the best photo.  It was the best of a bad bunch due to near constant overcast skies and rain.

I pieced the panel and then raw edge appliqued the girl on the swing and the sun.  She looks a lot more cheerful in real life.

It's going to be quilted and will shortly be appearing as the front panel of the bag.

Linking up with WIP Weds.

Cheerio for now
Liz
xxxx

11 comments:

  1. fantastic! I love the scrapy patchwork background :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful! I made a couple of these and both went to new homes, I must make one to keep for myself, it keeps getting bumped down the list though :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is fantastic! Your partner will be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is inspired Liz! I especially love the sunshine and the tree trunk. You have gone beyond the call of duty on this one. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that will a fabulous finish. Love the way it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It will make an amazing bag. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun idea, looking forward to seeing the end result :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. bright and happy. love what you are making!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow Liz I love it! So creative and clever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always a joy to see others using their creativity in such a special way. It is easy to stitch some squares etc. together, but you took it a step further by adding the applique. Cute, cute, cute.

    blessings, jill

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous! I just love the scrappy background & the red polka dot dress is pretty special.
    Cheers
    Lush

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.