Saturday, 27 October 2012

Bloggers' Quilt Festival 2012

Amy's Creative Side

It's Quilt Festival time again.

I am so glad that Amy organises this wonderful festival because I love reading about the stories surrounding the different quilts.

This time, I am going to enter the mini quilt that I made for the Brit Quilt Swap Round 3.

It's recipient was the lovely Clare, who is a budding photographer.  Her Flikr feed is an absolute feast for the eyes.

This was her inspiration mosaic...


Brit Quilt Swap 3 - inspiration mosaic

and I also found this photo amongst her favourites


Taxona

and also a picture a bit like the one below, which I can find now.



Those images coupled with the Polaroid and the Bubble quilts from the inspiration mosaic helped me to daydream up this mini quilt/wall hanging...

"Darkroom Daydreams" mini quilt for the Brit Quilt Swap3



Darkroom Daydreams mini quilt for BQS3

Darkroom Daydreams is finished

The Specs
*Quilt Measurements  Approx 24" by 18" 
*Special Techniques used, if any - Applique, Paper Pieced Polaroids, FMQ sketching
*Quilted by… Me
*Best category – 1 to 3 categories max Mini Quilt/ Wall Hanging

Liz
xxxx

22 comments:

  1. Wow you clever lady it is wonderful well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, I adore this quilt. Itn is so clever. I could never think of something like that. You're a very clever bunny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow!! This is such a neat quilt!! How creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seen this one before and love it! You are so clever, I hope you do really well with the BQF. Just about to post my entry now! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally perfect in every way! Love the label too - is that all hand sewn? Love love love x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet little mini. And you're a really thoughtful swap partner, hopefully she loves it, seems like she should, you really thought about her likes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super idea! You had a great thought and have made really beautiful quilt! I love always stories behind quilts and if there is some fun on the quilt, even better! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how cute it this!!! Inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous! I like how you turned a few different ideas into a great design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was an inspired make and a fab entry for the festival x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you turned your idea into reality! Great project, Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very creative....and lovely stippling. Looks great

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is sooooo cool! Great idea. I wish I had it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the quilt and the inspiration behind it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Inspired idea and fabulous execution!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice quilt and I really like the inspiration behind it! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.