Saturday, 20 October 2012

Pot Holder Pandemonium

A serious sewing disaster struck this week...

My wadding supply ran out.

Arghhhh! just when I have a million ideas brewing that all need wadding to materialise.  Isn't that just always the way?

My local quilt shop didn't have any wadding in stock, but they did have some labelled *Oven Glove Wadding*.  Ooooooh, that'll be pot holders for Christmas pressies then :wink:

It's far from perfect but I have tweaked it enough to .  I found it pretty hard to quilt with the heat resistant wadding in place, even with my walking foot on.  The binding went quite badly - lots of unpicking and swearing helped to get it back on track.


Untitled


Untitled


Untitled

If you haven't entered my giveaway, there is still time... you can find it here.

Cheerio and thanks for stopping by today.
Liz
xxxx

12 comments:

  1. that's cute! good job on the binding - curves make me itch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i only know how to bind in squares. i did an awful job on ovals your's look pretty good

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those fabrics together :) I'm hoping to try making a pot holder soon, maybe I'll try a square first, rather than anything with curves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those fabrics together :) I'm hoping to try making a pot holder soon, maybe I'll try a square first, rather than anything with curves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, but it came out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It turned out well though. Good job. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just lovely Liz, I bet you are pleased with it, I hope it's for you??! I don't like the idea of curved binding, it looks a little fiddly? I really need a new oven glove, we have a Cath Kidston one that's about 8 years old and looks it - one day when I get a spare second I must make one of these for my kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What no wadding! Love the oven glove and am off to see what giveaway I have missed ;-) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol, well saved on the pressie front ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well the swearing worked because that is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for all these lovely comments.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done for fighting through! I gave up on making one for my MIL because it was just too difficult - I'll have to try it again now I've got a walking foot.

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.