Saturday, 13 October 2012

The Sunrise Bag

I was going to call this "The Bag That Took Longer Than A Quilt" because it certainly has taken me an absolute age to complete.  It is my swap item for the Modern She Made Swap and top of my partner's wish list was a bag.

I wanted to pull out all the stops and make something amazing.  I hope I got close.

First came the ticker tape sun, which I liked but I felt like it needed something else.


Modern She Made Swap take 2

So, I worked on the other side of the bag.  My heart skipped a beat when I found Aneela Hoey's tutorial.

Untitled

Then yesterday when I visited Ceri {InspiredbyFelix} an idea came to me about how to spruce up the sunny side a bit.  #clouds!

Untitled

The *clouds* form an external pocket {partitioned into three}.

And there are more pockets inside.

I even did a little happy dance when I remember to add the magnetic snap to the lining; something I normally only remember once the bag is finished #doofus!

Untitled


Blimey, it is so nerve-wracking waiting to find out if your secret partner likes what you made them.  I have until November to wait on this one, but boy do I hope she likes it.  It's pretty hard to let this one go.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

In between torrential rain clouds today, the sun came out just long enough for me to take these snaps.

Unfortunately for me though, I was too busy looking at the bag to notice a huge puddle.  As the wet reality of soggy socks and trousers dawned on me, I hopped out of the offending puddle and went head first into a huge spiders web, which was so water laden that I got a veritable shower.  What a muppet!

Thanks so much for popping in to read today.
I would love you to come back on Monday for a giveaway here and Tuesday for the Let's Get Acquainted Hop, if you can.
Cheerio for today.
Liz
xxxx


25 comments:

  1. I'm sure your partner will love it! I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, this is amazing! Two bags for the price of one and it's sooo beautifully made. I'm sure your partner is going to love it! The pockets inside are great too and the girl on her swing is so cool! Nice work, lady! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cloud pockets are inspired ! The picture side is wonderful and so is everything else. I think you've 'cracked it'! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's gorgeous, and I am a little disappointed that it's not for mouth stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't decide which side of the bag I love more. You have done a brilliant job. Shame about the puddle and the spider's web though. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bag is stunning - I love the sun side best - if I had to choose which thankfully I don't. And count me in for Monday and Tuesday.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Liz, you have outdone yourself. #amazeballs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoopie! Love both sides of the bag! And I'll be back on Monday for sure. And Tuesday. And Wednesday... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bag is wonderful, I am sure your partner will love it. I can totally see myself having the same puddle - spider web incident, sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! That is amazing! Love the outside cloud pockets too, such a clever idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Liz, that is absolutely stunning!! Both sides are just perfect!! Your partner would be mad not to love it.
    My garden is like a spiderweb assault course at the moment, I hate that feeling as you walk into them!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The bag is fantastic and the cloud pockets are so clever. Your partner will be more than thrilled. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness Liz this bag is A-MAZ-ING!!! I just love love love it, especially the girl on the swing side, and I think it would make a fabulous wall hanging. Then you could look at it all day while you stitch. You are soooooo clever :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Liz it's gorgeous, I absolutely love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely LOVE this bag Liz and I am totally not giggling at your nose dive into the spidersweb ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your swap partner is one lucky lady! I really like the cloud pockets.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous bag! I bet your partner will be thrilled! The cloud pockets are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome bag!! You have one lucky partner!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your swap partner is going to be beside herself. That bag is incredible. So well done with nice details. Beautiful. May I ask if you used interfacing? And what type of fabric you lined the bag with?
    Stopped by from Plum and June's linky party.
    cheers!
    -k

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Liz. That bag is absolutely fantastic! The cloud pocket is a great idea. Found you through Plum and June.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am floored! If this does not show up at my house I am truly going to cry. If it does I am going to cry. This is sooooooooooooooo me! If not can you make one for me?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow that is stunning! Your partner is lucky, lucky, lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks absolutely fab missus, sure your partner will love it (and if not, you know where I am ;o) )

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh the bag is fantastic. I've had Aneel's tree on my to make list for a while.... But never yet got around to it, so it would be spooky if it was for me.

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.