Wednesday, 31 October 2012

Well, it SUCKED round here for a bit

We are gradually getting back to some sort of normality.  But, wow, it has been an really terrible couple of weeks.

That nasty Norovirus {affectionately known as the winter vomiting virus} came to stay.  Quite frankly it outstayed its welcome.  My poor little boy caught it bad and was an inch away from being rushed into hospital.  It broke my heart in two to see all the energy and fun drain out of him.  Thankfully, after just over a week of it, he has managed to start eating again and is nearly back to himself.

I have managed a little sewing here and there.  To be honest, those few stolen minutes stitching have been really soothing.

I bought a Moda Scrap Bag which, it turns out, is my idea of fabric scrap heaven;  a jelly roll style bag with each strip containing a selvedge.

I whipped up this tote in a less than an hour using the quilt as you go {selvedge} method. I did have the handles leftover from another project


Selvedge Tote Bag Untitled Selvedge Bag Side Selvedge bag

Today we have been carving pumpkins and trying out a new recipe for Pumpkin Whoopees.  They taste delicious but came out a bit more pancake than they should have.

Untitled

Untitled

Cheerio for now
Liz
xxxx

10 comments:

  1. Oh, that sounds aweful! Good to hear your little man is on the mend! Cute tote! Looks like it had a nice walk around town;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you are all on the mend - how horrible :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bag looks fab - great location for the bags photo shoot too. Glad you're all feeling better. Sounds like you've had a horrible time of it! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel better soon, out of all the coughs and sneezes, chickenpox etc absolutely nothing compares to norovirus! I lost a stone in a week and ds had was just exploding out of every nappy we had for a week.
    I can highly recommend probiotics to get you back feeling human again! Take care of yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh bless your heart that's rubbish! But you have done an amazing job with the bag. I absolutley love it and did you make passers by smile when you snapped hanging from the bollard. That is genius. Hope your all back to health properly really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. please don't leave your lovely bag hanging on bollards around the town, someone might nick it! (that said I think the town in question is much improved since I last lived there!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I am so glad he is feeling better! And your bag is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We had to take my son into hospital with that virus about 3 years ago and it was horrible :( Glad to hear he's on the mend.
    The bag is gorgeous! Great pumpkin too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Sasha about the probiotics (from health food shops, kept in fridge, expensive but worth it). My mother in law brought some round for Dan today as he too has been suffering with this and after two doses he is like a different child, less windy and clearly in less tummy pain. It's so horrible and really feel for you and glad he is on the mend. Lovely bag as well. I've always wondered what the scrap bags were like and I wish you hadn't bought one so now I know how cool they are ;) XXX

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.