Wednesday, 28 November 2012

I Got All The Booty

I have spent the last few weeks making pouches for my Dandelion Girl's birthday as Party Bags for her zoo-going guests.

As part of the Happy Little Pouch Hop, I will be posting a tutorial showing how to make these great poppered pouches.  They are really quick and simple.  Best of all, they are really fat quarter friendly; you can whip one up in less than an hour and there is not a zip in sight.

That is all I can tell you for now, but here is a piccy of all the Party Bags filled and ready.

Untitled

Next, I don't mean to gloat but...
the swaps that I have been involved with on Flikr have been so inspiring and I have loved making bespoke items for each secret swap partner.  Creating is my biggest incentive in taking part in these swaps, but there is another side to it.  That is the receiving!  and wow I have been so blessed in all the items I have received.

Firstly, there was this outrageously wonderful tote bag that Cindy from ... made for me in the Mouthy Stitches Swap.

Mouthy Stitches 2 tote received

Imagine how loud I screamed when I saw the Heather Ross goldfish key fob that she made as my *extra*!

Mouthy Stitches 2 tote received

Then, Moira made me the most amazing pot holder with selvedges and everything.  The backside of this pot holder is equally as amazing at the front.

Scrappy Swap received Plus it was for the Scrappy Swap which includes a FQ of scraps {let me just tell you that those scraps are so totally gorgeous} and also a local item.  Moira sent me this wonderful coaster which is made from *upcycled* 19th century Nottingham lace, which you can read more about here.  It is such an original and different gift.  I love it.

Untitled Finally, Christine was my secret swap partner in the Modern She Made Round 2 and she has blown me away with this amazing mini quilt

Modern She Made Swap #2 received
and these amazing matching placemats

Untitled

I am just speechless because they are all so perfect and beautifully made.  Plus there were other goodies like selvedges and a fab pattern in my parcel too.

I feel like a little kid blowing one big fat raspberry at y'all because I got all the booty and I'm so lucky.  These treasures are all now feathering my nest and making me smile.

Anyway, I'm sure you are sick of my gloating but I am a bit like the cat who got the cream, understandably so.

Hope you had a great day.
Cheerio for now
Liz
xxxx

17 comments:

  1. lovely lovely swappy things! You lucky lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is some good swap hauling! Love the little pouches x

    ReplyDelete
  3. what fabulous swap partners you have had, such great things. I read Moiras post about the lace, what a fantastic idea. I am still waiting for my scrappy swap package...can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Swaps are brilliant aren't they! You received some amazing things from some really talented people - woohooo *raspberry* x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You did good in the swap department. But only deserving as you sent such lovely things too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab swapsies both given and received. Your party bags look great - I wish I could see the other mothers' faces (oh I am so bad!). Di x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky lucky lucky you! They are all lovely swaps. The mini quilt with the dandelion is especially fantabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow wee great swaps indeed. I am so going to check out your tutorial on the happy little pouch hop - those are adorable xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo, you got so lucky on the swaps! Love that little goldfish key fob, too!
    And your party bags are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea with the part bags, and fab haul with the swapsies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwww...Liz....it was a true pleasure have you as my swap partner! I LOVE your pot holder and the mini quilt...WOW!!! You DID get some booty! LOL I can't wait for your tutorial! You deserve all things good, so I will say, "YOU GO GIRL"!! :o) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are also some lucky little party-goers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, they are all so lovely! The tote is so cute with all the dandelions :) The goldfish is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow what beautiful gifts all round! You are one lucky lady and so are your daughter's friends, those littl pouches look great! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whoopie, you did receive great gifts! And I do love your party bags very much!!!
    Looking forward to your tutorial to make my own ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That swap haul is amazing!!! I love the mini quilt, it's so beautiful!
    I love those party pouches! I wish one of my children was going to a party of yours....I could pinch their pouch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Liz I am so happy you liked your mini wall quilt and placemats. Looks like you made out on a few swaps.. That keyfob is a delight... I Love those littly party pouches! Going to have to watch for that tutorial! :)

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.