Sunday, 11 November 2012

Scrappy Swap, Poppies and Extra Blocks

I have been finishing up the items to send to my Scrappy Swap partner over on Flikr.


Scrappy Swap - ready to send
Scrappy Swap items ready to send

When I went to the local {vintage} Haberdashery yesterday, I picked up a few gorgeous notions for my partner too.

I often don't use the notions I buy there.  They are pretty old mostly but I find it fascinating to see the old fashioned packaging and prices.

This parcel makes me feel really Autumnal and happy.  I really hope that my partner will feel the same when it arrives with her.

I have also been busy making more blocks for Jo.  She posted in our Bee to see if anyone could help her out with a special project she had in mind.  What with her being one of my bessie bloggy friends and all, I was happy to stitch up some blocks.  I love her fabric taste and the parcel she sent didn't disappoint.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

*gah* I am so sick of this terrible gloomy daylight.  I will definitely be asking Father Christmas for a new camera, my old phone one just doesn't cut it any more.  I hope he is feeling flush this year, as I'm hoping beyond hope that he gets me a Fat Quarterly Ticket too #pigsmightfly.

I will leave you today with the poppy that my daughter and I made recently for Remembrance Day.


Poppy Homework

Remembering, today.
Liz 
xxxx

12 comments:

  1. wow - your scrappy swap partner is very very lucky. I have just parceled mine up and realised i forgot to take a photo of everything before i did - whoops X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hope I am your secret partner - all those sewn things look amazing. And I love vintage haberdashery - especially buttons!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am working on my scrappy items today. Your package is amazing, maybe it will be for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, that poppy is beautiful, well, everything is that you have made and thank you so much for making my blocks, you are a complete superstar! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. blimey how lucky is your partner! all fabby stuff, of course

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your partner is sure to love what you have sent, i love the fabric basket, was this a pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great scrappy swap parcel. I just have to get my local item sorted and mine is good to go too. Love the poppy too x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your swap partner will love these! Pretty poppy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful scrappy swap and vintage items. I'm sure that your partner will be delighted. Jo's blocks are lovely. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the scrappy items, your partner is going to love them (if not, send them to me!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun swapsies with the vintage stuff, and great blocks :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think this Poppy is so pretty. I'd love to know how you made it - did you use a template or tutorial of some kind? I'd really like to do something similar next year (maybe I'll just have to remember to come back and remind myself in around October 2013).
    E

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.