Thursday, 27 December 2012

Elephant Cushion

Christmas has just flown by here.  It was really lovely having so much of our family together and the day was a wonderful success.  Both of our little dandelion children thoroughly enjoyed all the magic and trimmings of the day.

I love this period between Christmas and New Year because it is hibernation time in our house.  We all snuggle in and spend long happy days together.  Hopefully, I will get lots of sewing done and have stacks of things to share with you here.

But for now, I wanted to show you the elephant cushion that I made for my darling mama.  She loves piping on her cushions, so I thought I would oblige.

My first piped cushion

I cut the elephant from a piece of Valori Wells fabric and appliqued it to some great home furnishing weight fabric.

I am so pleased with how the piping turned out.  It's hard to photograph a cushion well and this one definitely looks oodles better in real life.

Piped cushion back

I also added a hidden zip in the back and found those perfect little elephants in my stash for the feature *flap*.

Hidden zip closure

Hope you all had a great time.
Cheerio for now
Liz
xxxx

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful cushion and the piping makes it look very professional. The hidden zip looks good too. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow I love this! I have a thing for elephants :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those Valori Wells ellies, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cushion! Glad you have been enjoying the holidays.

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.