Sunday, 23 December 2012

Ho Ho Ho

Ho Ho Ho and lots of Christmas cheer.

I have been really busy, but of course it is all Christmas pressie sewing that I can't show you much of.

Well... except maybe for this cute table topper that I whipped up this afternoon using a Mini Moda Charm pack that the lovely Di sent to me a while ago.  I just felt like sewing all the little squares together and then quilting it simply too.  I did it this way for speed, but now it's finished I really love it.  Sometimes, I guess it is okay to make it simple when it comes to lovely quilting cottons.

Mini Charm Christmas Table Topper

I had some very festive {but a bit glittery} holly fabric that I wanted to use up, so it was perfect for the back of the Topper.

Christmas Table Topper = back

Now that it is all quilted, I am actually quite fond of it and it will be handy to have a reversible side for putting actual food on, with the other side reserved as eye candy.

Christmas Table Topper

And I guess I could show you this tote bag that I made for a very special friend of mine who deserves a little fabric treat.  A few fat quarters from the new Julia Rothman fabric *Type* landed on my doorstep yesterday  and I just couldn't wait to cut into it.

I went for a {rustic} style tote with a front pocket and three poppers.

Another Christmas pressie tote bag
Fingers crossed that it makes her smile.

Another Christmas pressie tote bag

I also managed to finish up a very special Mug Rug.

Mug Rug for a special friend

I followed a pattern by The Patchsmith which is available here.

If you need an extra quick little gift, then you should definitely check out her patterns.  They are totally great.

I will definitely be stocking up on a few more of her fab patterns because it is totally gorgeous and I think my friend is going to love it.  I added some hand quilting round the elephant and an extra border.

Elephant Mug Rug

Cheerio for today.
Merry Christmas Eve Eve
Liz
xxxx

9 comments:

  1. All gorgeous makes as usual, Miss! You have put me to shame again by being way too productive, especially on the run up to Christmas! Wishing all the Dandelion Family a fabulous Christmas! XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your table topper - simple can be good sometimes. And the tote shows of those fabrics so well. Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your work and LOVE your elephant ears - aren't they adorable. Thank you for making my little pattern looks so wonderful.
    Have a lovely Christmas,
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW hun you really have been busy, they are fantastic, I especially love the mugrug and the bag. absolutely beautiful! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been busy and the bag and table topper are just perfect. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  6. great makes - LOVE the bag. Hope you all have a fab christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well look at you! I love all of your project! Looking forward to seeing what you've come up with for Christmas! Merry Christmas to you and yours, Liz!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you've got some lovely makes there. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of fab Christmas makes there, happy Chrissy!

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.