Monday, 31 December 2012

The One Where I Get It Wrong

I sat down to write this blog post several hours ago.

I'd just had a very productive, happy afternoon sewing January's bee blocks for the Mo Stash Bee, whilst talking to hubby as he sorted out our printer and being an imaginary Captain of an imaginary ship with the children.  Sadly, it turns out that I am not that good at multi-tasking.

Mo-Stash


As I went to add my pics, I noticed that the blocks didn't look quite right!  Both of them!

D'oh!

and Double D'oh!!

Oops

I stitched the middle of both blocks up completely wrong.

Several hours of unpicking later and here are the blocks for Melissa aka Grohsie, just like she asked for.

Mo Stash Bee Block *Friends* Hive
Mo Stash Bee Block *Friends* Hive

Mo Stash Bee Block *Friends* Hive

It is a great block made using this tutorial by the monumentally talented Elizabeth Dackson of Don't Call Me Betsy.

It's easy {well as long as you aren't a total doofus like me} and pretty quick to make too.

I think my first New Years Resolution needs to be *To Be More Observant and Follow Instructions Properly*.

Happy New Year.
Cheerio to 2012
Liz
xxxx

7 comments:

  1. Oh dear! Although I think your 'wrong' blocks look quite cool!
    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh flip I had one of those afternoons too, mine were watching Muppet Treasure Island and I was paper piecing, I unpicked twice and through paper that is no fun! It is good to know I'm not alone and great to share our mistakes.
    Have a wonderful new year xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee hee, oops! Was quite a fun variation though... I once managed to have a total disaster on a block when I'd not been sent enough background fabric for what I was attempting, and I didn't realise until I was too far through hacking it all up, so it got a patchwork background too o.O

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate when that happens! And it happens frequently in this house. But your blocks look brilliant finished. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. poor you!!!it is encouraging though to the rest of us tee hee. The blocks are great Liz. Love the fabrics. I am about to embark on mine. fingers crossed and best i turn off "Three Men and a baby right now " haha. Happy new year me dear , let's hope for another good one x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I have been there!Your blocks look wonderful tho-- either way! You are way ahead for January, I have to pull my fabrics and get to cutting before "Magnum P. I." shows up to investigate ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. At least you noticed! Sometimes I get tunnel vision when it comes to sewing and don't take time to look up. The blocks are great - and would've been pretty the other way too.

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.