Wednesday, 16 January 2013

Doll Quilt Swap #13 Finish

I have been beavering away on my entry for the Doll Quilt Swap #13.

After doing as much stalking swap-partner watching as possible, I decided to give this paper pieced pattern a go.  It is a really lovely design and since rainbow colours seemed to fit the bill...

DQS#13 All Finished

The middle square looked a little empty, so I couldn't resist using one of my special Japanese charm squares to make a sewing machine/notions hexagon applique.  I have hand quilted around that with a lovely red Pearle cotton thread.

003

Here is the label on the back.  I went for an English Paper Pieced block.

My swap-partner's name has been blurred as it's a surprise swap.

DQS#13 label

I am so happy with how it turned out.

I love the little pop of colour that the flange adds to the border/binding.

What have you been up to?

Cheerio for now
Liz
xxxx

14 comments:

  1. it's so lovely!!! (and you said "flange" - hehehehehehe!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a gorgeous mini - lucky partner. Love your colour choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky partner...I am looking at feathers now thanks to you :) I have been wanting to try AMH's pattern...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a beautiful mini and the flange works well. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous quilt - I love the pink and red dots especially! Flange is very cool too, I might have to give that a go as it finishes it off so nicely! I have been unpicking quilting - urgh! Very boring, I'm afraid. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it, and that little sewing machine in the middle is just perfect? What fabric line is that? Glad to see you are doing some hand quilting too - it looks lovely. What a lot of techniques in one mini quilt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that cute wee hexie in the middle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated Birthday, Liz! I hope you spent a happy time with friends and family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it, flange and all ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your artsy back and the addition of your sewing hexagon on the front. Lucky doll swap partner! Thanks for stopping by for the Lovely Finishes project.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous!!! I love your addition to the center of these bright blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is terrific! Your partner is very lucky :)

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.