Thursday, 17 January 2013

Neptune Finish


January is just flying by, but I am pleased to report that progress is good.

After trying out several binding options, I decided to use the Neptune layer cake squares for the binding on the special Neptune cushion.  I was a little worried about not being able to join the strips on the bias because of the size of the strips but the straight joins went together just fine and it all came together perfectly.

This is one *Lovely* finish that I am very pleased to tick off my list.


Neptune Cushion Complete

and a shot of the back which I think shows off the binding a little more.

Neptune Cushion back

Linking up with the mid-month check in over at:- 

Cheerio for now 
Liz
xxxx

16 comments:

  1. That is so pretty! Yay for finishing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, the back really does show off the beautiful scrappy binding. What a gorgeous make Liz! And well done for getting something completely finished with still a couple of weeks left in January - start as you mean to go on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! The fabrics are gorgeous as is the design - lovely work lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely finish. I like the fabrics you used and the pattern is perfect for a pillow. Love the scrappy binding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty cushion and I like the scrappy binding. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful cushion, and I love those fabrics. Well done on a finish so soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous, great finish! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, looks great! I always use lazy straight edge binding BTW ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. loving your work, as always. the binding is inspired - really works perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love this, the binding looks great on the back

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pillow and the binding looks perfect! I've done it that way and never had a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You pillow is gorgeous and the binding looks so great! I love the scrappy binding look!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah..You've finished your project. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The pillow is beautiful and I like the look of the back.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely lovely! Congratulations on a stunning finish!

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.