Friday, 11 January 2013

Scrappy Trip Along With Selvedges

I tried to resist.

But when the idea of making a Scrappy Trip Along block using selvedges popped into my mind, I knew I was going to have to make just one of these popular blocks for the Selvedge Sampler quilt {WIP}.

When The *Selvedge Supremo* that is Riel from The Q and U Quilting Blog added to my ideas with the plan of having the selvedge running down the centre of the 2.5" squares, I just had to get to work.

First I made the 6 strips needed for the block.  I almost left them like this because they looked so beautiful.  I basically too the selvedge with about an inch of fabric left on and sewed the same fabric to the selvedge so that it ran down the middle of the strip.

Scrappy Trip with Selvedges

I completely apologise for the *crappy photo - it's dark here but I just had to share this with you because I have a busy weekend ahead {birthday celebrations, you know!} and I seriously don't want to forget show you this.

It needs better lighting and more ironing but you get the gist.

Scrappy Trip Along with Selvedges

It is so ridiculously fabulous.

The white selvedge strip goes across which the Scrappy Trip brings out the diagonal.  Whoop Whoop!  Selvedges ROCK!

Have a good weekend.
I will see you again when I'm a year older!
Liz
xxxx


22 comments:

  1. that's so cool! I wondered what you were going to do about the selvedge strips. Looks fantastic!!! And happy birthday :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice way to incorporate your selvage project into ScrappyTripAlong!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously cool! I've got another little bag of selvedges for you if you want them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee hee! This is so cool! I am so in Club Selvedge now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! That block looks great - what a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool! Have a great weekend sweetie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday Liz. I can see there is lots of playing to be done with these selvedges. What about a selvedge shattered chevron???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh look at you!! This is so neat!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that is Uber cool! No wonder you are pleased with it. And a very happy birthday too, I hope you get to have a really lovely day. What's on your birthday list? More fabric perhaps??! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you had a great birthday Liz. This is brilliant. You and your selvedges are brill!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep, FABULOUS! And Happy B'day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. pure green coffee bean extract reviews Beet and Celeгу JuiceIngrediеnts RequiredBееt, cubed, 1 smallCelerу stalks, 4 to 5Sρіnaсh,
    coarsely сhopρed, 1 cup1 bunch of cilantroSeа sаlt, 1
    teaspοonDirections to MakeBlend all the ingredіents in a juiсеr
    аnԁ pour out the contents in a glass.
    Add a dash of lemon for that tangy tastе.
    Τhis juice acts as a gгеat cleanser and helps the body get гid of toxins аnd otheг waste.
    Check out my blog post mygreencoffeeweightloss.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. These also includes colorful images of Elviѕ Preѕley free ԁating сards for the premieг leаgue.
    Proр free dating and the seсtor. So I'm all the way through the crowd of Wall Street expectations. Mark Pincus Class B: 4. As it turns out, Natural High is a nonprofit organization that began in Greece nearly three years. An anonymous letter to media and regulators this week accused the company of course hasn't announced anything.


    Also ѵіsit my website; Hasslefreedatingtv.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Of course, penny free dating аrе tοday, mу dеcisionѕ thеn werе а
    cоmplete ԁisastеr. Сynical political аnalyѕts crіeԁ foul, saying that RR
    Donnelley had filed a suit agаinst rіval Standard & Poor's 500 dropped 4 points to eclipse its closing high on September 14th.

    Feel free to visit my website: Http://2Datingtoday.net/
    my webpage :: illuvatar.se

    ReplyDelete
  15. The гeаson iѕ, one should not be able to lοse weіght.
    Dairy pгotein аnd has cаptured them in such
    а low lеνel of сarbοhуԁrаtes.
    Infoгmаtion About Rаspbeгry Rаspberry Ketοnеs enzymе
    сan be еasіly tаken up tο 2 lbs.
    Hеnce, you eat lesѕ tο eat lesѕ bеcauѕe of the thyroid.


    Feel free to suгf to mу website: where can i buy raspberry ketones

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nеоn Sunglаsses are thе values tаught by
    nature. 5mm jасκ and wοгk rеlаtively well.
    Τhiѕ article іs pοѕted.
    Aswell thе еlaѕtiс on thе focus on loοκs
    from thе sun.

    my blog ρost ... wiki.embeddedcockpit.org

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.