Tuesday, 1 January 2013

The Sugar Block Club

Happy New Year Y'All

Wishing every single one of my friends, blog readers and fellow sewistas a happy and healthy 2013.

This year, I am taking part in one Block of Month.


Every month on the first of the month, everyone who is participating gets an email with that month's quilt block and also a super sugary recipe too.

Today, me and the dandelions cooked up the recipe which was for scrumptious Banana Cream Whoopie Pies.  They taste absolutely lovely but I have to say that I did find it really hard trying to use *cups* as measurements rather than grams/ounces.  The recipe called for 6 cups of flour which was sooooo much that in the end I opted to use half cups.

Sugar Block Club January banana cream whoopies

Mmmm nothing smells as good as freshly baked banana cakes!

And here is this month's block.

Sugar Block Club January Snow Blossom block

Each month, I am going to use the fabric that I get from Justine at Simply Solids in my Sew Solid Stash Bundle.  December's bundle was purples/pink.  I also stole a couple of squares from my Texty Charm swap et voila.

Linking up.

Cheerio for now
Liz
xxxx

10 comments:

  1. Test reply to make sure I am not a no-reply blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That hothouse cakes look deadly on the fattening front but yummy! I like the block you have made. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't decide if I love the look of the woopie pies or the block more. Great work all round but six cups of flour?!!! How many was the recipe supposed to make? Having grown up using cups they don't phase me at all. Just scoop up the flour into the measuring cup and smooth the top flat with the back of a knife. Don't pack it down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The block looks great, and great plan with the stash club fabric use, I should probably do that, but it's so nice just collecting the fabric... ;o) As for the cakes, alas, I have no words, but please don't send me any (unless you wish to bump me off, in which case send away ;o) )

    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooo I am loving this block! I think one of my sewing resolutions for 2013 should be to use more solids. I must order some Oakshotts, they are yummy. Can't wait to see the rest of your blocks over the next few months!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! I can smell them all the way here! :) What a great block fo the month program! I'll be anxious to see your monthly, mouthwatering posts on this! :) Happy New Year!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this website:
    http://www.recipes4us.co.uk/us_cups_to_weight.htm
    it converts cup measurements to weight for millions of different ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great block - great bake - to steal Paul Hollywod's (swoon) words. You find such good groups to join yum yum

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy new year Mrs, I'm actually back blog reading, can you believe it! Catch up soon? Ceri x PS Those banana pies look totally awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the American idea of using measuring cups it makes it so much easier

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.