Wednesday, 23 January 2013

WIP Wednesday and Not Plucking Up Courage

I've done a little teeny tiny bit of sewing tonight; adding another border to the iSpy quilt  *yawn*.

It's definitely going to be my Lovely Finish for February, I hope!


I-Spy A Rainbow
This is an old pic - now there are three borders; white/chevrons/white

In the meantime, I wanted to show you this...

It started out as my entry into the X-Factor Pillow Swap {which is a Flikr swap where you make a cushion within the requirements of the swap ~ this time is it scrappy squares ~ and anonymously enter into the swap.  Then on the closing date, everyone votes on their faves and the swap takes place accordingly to popularity}.

It seemed like a good time to crack out the Japanese Import charms from the swap last year.  I wanted to make something special.  I cut lots of the charms into quarters.  Japanese prints are just so damn cute!


Untitled

But then I chickened out of entering and I thought I would just add it to the WIP pile.

Yep, it is officially too scary a swap for me!  Full of self doubt and loathing I folded it up and...

As I went to pack it away, I realised that all those ickle squares would make the perfect iSpy cushion for my bestest friend from school and her three gorgeous girls.  I have been trying to find the right thing to make her for a while and once I realised this was it, I really wanted to make it extra special.   *shhhhh she doesn't know this is for her yet, but I'm almost positive that she doesn't read my blog, so I can share it with you*

I took some lace trim and added it a la flange stylee, and coupled with some pindot binding, I think its possibly one of my best makes ever.

There is a hidden zip in the back.

Do I hear you shout "Action shots please!"?  well of course, your wish is my commando...

Untitled

Untitled

Linking up with the magnificent

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Cheerio for today
Liz
xxxx

14 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous cushion Liz. You shouldn't ever doubt yourself your work is just stunning. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty cushion! Congratulations with this masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz I always look at your work and think 'wow'. You make beautiful things and the cushion cover is no exception. Your friend is bound to love it. Isn't it nice when you KNOW that what you are making is good. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz how could you have ever doubted the magnificence of this pillow? It's absolutely divine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great, and sure she'll love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pillow is lovely. I'm sure it would have been well received in the swap, but it's much nicer to know it's going to a good friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely! I love just looking at all the fun little blocks! How special I am sure she will love and cherish it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cushion Liz, I bet she'll love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. it's gorgeous! I love the lacy flange (hehehe). I don't blame you on chickening out of the swap - ones like that scare the pants off me too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cushion is gorgeous!!! I'm sure your friend will be thrilled it wasn't entered into the swap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a fantastic Flange cushion! My charms are all still in a little pile - just for looking at.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous pillow! I love the lacy flange.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your pillow! The lace is a great touch! Lucky recipient!

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.