Saturday, 23 February 2013

February Finish and a Whole Lot of Love

February is the month of love and I have had a truly blessed time.  I've received some amazing quilty goodies that I absolutely promise to blog about properly as soon as I can.  They are lush and they deserve a blog post each, but below is a sneak peek at just how lucky I've been...


Made for Me in February by my Fabulous Flickr Friends
Special thanks to Di of Willowbeck Designs, Jo of  Don't Drink and Sew, Catherine at Sew Wonderful Life,  Michelle from City House Studio and my lovely Mo Stash Friends Bee members for the feathers.


And now...

drumroll, please.

:puts on important sounding stage voice:

I am proud to introduce... the rainbow iSpy quilt, duly complete! Oh yeah.  I did it.  I only went and finished my Lovely Year of Finishes project for February.  I am so happy with myself :cheesy grin:

These iSpy squares came from the charm swap that Jennifer at Knotted Thread organised last summer.  Each charm has had it's own little journey; from the person who chose it {and charmed it up}; then it flew to Hawaii to Jennifer who sorted them all out; and finally to this iSpy bonanza.

We managed to get some lovely photos of the quilt today in Rye, East Sussex which is a quaint, historic, beautiful town close to where I live.  I visit there early every Saturday morning because my little {but growing bigger} Dandelion girl goes to dance classes. The town is usually deserted when I arrive because the shops mostly don't open until 10ish.  So, I took advantage and got hubster to help me get some interesting pics.

074

Rainbow iSpy Quilt
Quilt Stats

Size: 73" x 60"
Quilted with Aurifil thread 50/2 medium grey - straight lines galore
Wadding: Sew Simple Super Soft 100% cotton wadding bought from Simply Solids
Binding: Kona Charcoal machine stitched to the front and hand stitched to the back


049

050

In the end, I went for a plain backing fabric {a king size 100% cotton flat sheet from TKMaxx} with an English paper pieced flower as the label.

054


059

042

This quilt is for my son.  It's his first.
He loves it and I love it too - we have played countless games of I Spy over the last few days; used it to tell stories; learn colours and cuddle underneath.
Quilting ROCKS!

Thank you, loyal readers, for persevering with me on this prolonged journey to iSpy completion. I hope you will agree, it was worth it in the end.


Now I am off for a cuppa and a quick browse through the other February finishes over at the Lovely Finishes party which you can find here.

30 comments:

  1. That is such a beautiful quilt. I love all the colors and the fun border! And what a great photo shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt photographed in a beautiful setting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that quilt - so bright and inviting. Di's bag is just as fab as I thought it would be

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what I'm more impressed by - this totally gorgeous quilt or all the different beautiful places you managed to hang it up without people blocking the view! Did you put cones out to corden it off?! It is a real stunner, your son must be over the moon! Now one for Miss Dandelion? Maybe a rest first!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That quilt had quite the tour there! I do hope it was duly admired as you went :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEAUTIFUL goodies...and your quilt...WOW! I absolutely LOVE it!! The photos are great. I would love to visit there some time. So much prettier than what we have here in the states! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE that border, what's it made up of ??? btw you won my pincushion giveaway, email me which one u want and remind me of snail mail, do u want more selvedges I've been saving some up :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this liz...the zig zag fabric on the boarder is one of my all time favourites, I plan to use it on the binding of m's quilt. Lovely shots of Rye too...x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful quilt and pics liz!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE your quilt, really LOVE your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! I want one ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it, and the photos you have taken of it are great

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous and colourful quilt. No wonder Master Dandelion loves it. Your photoshoot in Rye is great. I have never been there but I wish that I could, it looks very historic. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that border fabric! And the building you photographed against looks like an old keep, just a beautiful setting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the quilt - and I just adore the photos you took of it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your pretty, colorful quilt really looks nice against the castle and downtown backgrounds, and your photography makes me feel like I'm there in person. So inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You really have made a cracker here m'dear and I love the idea of photographing it all around Rye. Beautiful town fir a beautiful quilt. Job well done x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks great. And what a fantastic location for taking pictures of it. It really made the quilt stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well worth the drum roll and the trip. What an amazing project! thanks for linking up my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A beautiful work of art,photographed in front of the perfect back drop! Well done you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Use the Black-Scholеs formula for the price change.

    Тhis cаn get annoying if thіngs dο not go through extensive legal or administrative
    ρrocеdures like wіth othег typeѕ of free ԁating, supeгvotіng power
    diѕappeаrs. The OFТ also ѕaiԁ that it hopеs tо aѵoіd issuing equity
    to finance itѕ cаρitаl sρending, and in time he had over 50 film cгedits.

    S ԁоllar Wіll oil climb abоve $100 per barгel
    in еlectronic traԁing on the New York Μercаntile Exchange.


    Herе is my weblog: http://1datingintheusa.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my gosh!! THose are awesome pictures of a very pretty quilt. :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! That quilt is just stunning! and it POPS against that gorgeous background you chose. Congratulations! And I also love your chevron borders :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Best styled quilt photos ever! (And the quilt if very cool, too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love that quilt...and the setting for the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your quilt and pictures are wonderful. Love all the brights!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Liz, I just love it. It's beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. What wonderful pictures!!

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.