Sunday, 31 March 2013

Feathery Friends

I'm in a really lovely Bee called the Mo Stash Bee.  This Bee only last six months and we each use our own stash of fabrics each month to make the blocks.  I'm in the *Friends* Hive, who are a truly creative group of lovely ladies.

When I was my month, I asked for some Feathers made using the tutorial over on Anna Maria Horner's blog.

I really wanted this quilt to feel random in its layout and so, yesterday, I set to putting together the feathers, combined with all the low volume charms that I have acquired through the recent swaps.  It felt a bit like a puzzle.  There was quite a variation in the size of the feather blocks but that works really well with the low volume randomness, I think.

I saved one feather to make into a matching cushion.

I got as far as sewing the quilt top together and here it is...

468
Feathery Friends 

475
Close up 
I love the 2.5 inch LV row.
I love this row of 2.5 inch squares that I had to add to make it all fit together.

469
And an indoors shot to show the size a little better.

I love it so much.

How lucky am I to have such great Friends!

Thanks ladies.
Happy Easter everyone.

Cheerio for today 
Liz
xxxx

22 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. I think I am going to have to try some of those feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is going to be such a beautiful finish. I love how you have used the low volume fabrics with the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Liz - looking forward to seeing it all quilted up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter Liz. I really like the effect of using the LV charms to balance out the feathers placements. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so fabulous Liz! I am green with envy! Hope all the Dandelions are having a lovely Easter weekend! Much love XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great :o) I've been thinking of doing something similar with one of my bees, but with less feathers :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just fabulous Liz! Love the low volume touches

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I got two bees to make me blocks but haven't put them together yet, they are great blocks. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is beautiful! Some AMH feather blocks are on my to do list x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous liz...bet you are chuffed to bits with it. Can't wait to see it in real life! X x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh superb! Absolutely gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Love this quilt top L! Looking forward to seeing how you quilt it! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hers is lovely, but I have to say I like the look of yours much more.

    ReplyDelete
  14. it really is so incredibly beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an inspired combination! It looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I adore it! Have bookmarked it so I can copy later... Much later... If I eve get to it later...
    Lovely quilt.
    E xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous! The low volume background is perfect for the feathers.

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.