Tuesday, 5 March 2013

Goals for March


The Saturday jolly was completely, totally, brilliantly wonderful.  Sorry to make you all jealous, but a room full of charismatic Sewistas was just so much fun.  We laughed and ate and shopped and talked.  Ah, I miss them already.


014
The gorgeous Teri
030

Brit Bee Southern Meet
the ringleaders!

Without further ado, I need to get my butt into gear and set the goals for March, otherwise I will miss the Linky Party over at
A Lovely Year of Finishes
First on my list is to make one of these :-

It's a boyish Messenger Bag pattern that I bought from Michelle Patterns.

Image of The Melford Messenger Bag PDF Sewing Pattern
Source:  Michelle Patterns.com


My hubster takes a man bag to work with him every day and I thought I would, at last, make something for him {its his birthday this month}.

Second on my list are some bee blocks for Kris.   They are one of my favourite blocks, the Japanese + and x block using this as our inspiration;


x plus progress.
Source: Bijou Lovely on Flickr

I also want to add the Selvedge Quilt top to this list, but as I am still waiting on two lots of blocks from the Bee, I will have to wait and see.

If possible, I would like to get the top pieced, so that I can quilt it in April.

Here are some of the blocks.

Selvedge Sampler bee blocks received


18 comments:

  1. Your Selvedge quilt looks almost as amazing as Saturday!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a fab time on Sat! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, manbag, love it (btw, does he know this, or does he kid on he uses a briefcase or something right now? I've worked with many delusional men...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you all had a lovely mini-meet - I bet you all had a right giggle! Of course the selvedge blocks are wonderful - how are you going to put them all together with the different sizes? That would hurt my brain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a most brilliant day and so good to meet you in person. The selvage quilt blocks are fab. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Liz, so lovely to find your blog and to get to meet you in person on Saturday! What a fab day! I hope we get to see you again in July. Jxo
    P.s. would you mind sending me your pics from Saturday?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a great weekend! I like that handbag pattern. And Michelle patterns are always so easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome man bag pattern and loving seeing your pics from Saturday. It looks like you all had a great time. The selvedge blocks look great too and I'm so looking forward to seeing it done - roll on the last two blocks! xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for a fab saturday and some groovy march goals.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun projects you are planning for this month. Best of luck on your finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to see this man-bag, see you tomorrow lovely ladeee xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I love your selvage blocks (I had to type that word 3 times before I got it right!)! Can't wait to see your manly messenger bag!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you all had a fab time on Sat. The selvedge blocks are looking great and I can't wait to see them all put together!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So loving the selvedges, and the X+ blocks are popping up in all the bees these days. it looks so terrific. Glad you ahd a great time at the "meet" . Hadley told me you behaved yourself ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! You have so many gorgeous projects in the works... can't wait to see how they develop :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everything looks great. You guys look like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those selvedge blocks are incredible... it will be a 'one off' I am sure.. look forward to seeing the finished quilt...

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.