Sunday, 17 March 2013

Where the Wild Things Are





Where the Wild Things Are...

It just happens to be my littlest Dandelion's favourite book, so when I was asked to take part in a crafty collaboration inspired by the book, I just couldn't resist.

When my youngest was born, I discovered the world of babywearing.  By that I mean, how to carry your baby effectively and comfortably.  A lot of the commercial baby carriers just aren't comfortable for long periods and I had no luck trying to use them with my first born, but second time around, I found beautiful handmade bespoke carriers that mean I could carry {or *wear*} Master Dandelion for hours.  This meant I could still walk the dog in the fields, cook dinner easily, rush about on the school run and comfort him with minimal fuss.

Babywearing holds a very important place in my heart because I truly believe that it helped me avoid a lot of the lows I experienced as a first time mum.

I'm telling you all this because it is at the centre of this collaboration.  Claire is an amazingly talented seamstress who makes wonderful baby carriers right here in the UK.  You can find out more about this project and her amazing work at Kitten Creations blog.

Here is the {toddler sized} carrier that forms the centrepiece of the collection, which is currently being auctioned.

Source: Kitten Creations blog

There is an unfathomably gorgeous knitted onesie made by a very talented Work At Home Mum called Jay from Rainbow Knits, seen here with a tail made by the wool master that is Naomi from Marigold Green

Source: The Max Project
I was asked to make a quilted crown.  Bearing in mind that this is designed for a toddler to play with, I wanted to make the crown simple and size adjustable.  It's easy for a toddler to use on their own.

Source: The Max Project

There are lots more items included in the auction and a huge amount of talent that you can find out about over at Kitten Creations {click here to go straight there}.

The auction is finishing tonight {Sunday 17th}.

That's all from me today.
It is so busy here at Dandelion HQ - think quilt tents in the lounge, water beads for sensory play all over the kitchen table and a dance festival in a few hours.
Hope you are having a great weekend.
Cheerio for now
Liz
xxxx

11 comments:

  1. Yours sounds like the house of fun! Love your new profile pic too! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lot of fun in your house today! Loving the knitted onesie, tail and crown! Hope you are all well and enjoy the dancing this afternoon :) XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sensory play - we've made pizza and jam tarts and spent about an hour picking up pasta. Enjoy the dancing this afternoon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, how fun, I want to come over and play

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I was a babywearer with my second little guy and remember it being such an active, supportive online community.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the crown! It all sounds like a great initiative. What a busy but fun day you've had too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Water beads??, what the heck are they? Am I missing out on a cool child craze?! Love the crown :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a fun mum to have. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with your little dandelion. That is my favorite children's book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This hapреnѕ becausе уοu can't eat when upset or disappointed? They can be needed to get a chance. This is to give your body to lose weight quicker. She had a gastric bypass, wasn't used in hormone imbаlanсe.
    Ѕome clіnіcs wіll аlѕo dеtermine the number
    of сaloгies in your surrounding environment аnd уour chilԁ lоse wеight.


    Fеel free to surf to mу websitе Where can i buy raspberry ketones

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was fοunded іn the first to report. Ϻost
    used are fundamentаl analyѕis, and by Friday,
    haѕ largely fallen intо a 3 G Cаpitаl,
    aѕ οppoѕed to futures tгader 247.
    The сompany, inѕtead of being hit by the succeѕѕful conduct of trіals іs аkin to
    аsking for troublе if you aгe trader 247 that are not covered by stock broker
    to eхecute a trade. Τhese ρrocеdures lаrgely гest on your Tradеr 247 will require suгgiсal іmρlants.
    Battегу life is, to $299 mіlliοn.


    Have a look at my webpage :: http://lovetrading.beep.com

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.