Wednesday, 10 April 2013

Cutting up Charms

I got home from work today and was greeted by two lovely packages; the first was from the utterly fantastic Pink Castle Fabrics, and the second contained my copy of the Patchwork Please book.

That put a big smile on my face.

Untitled

I have only had a very quick flick through Ayumi's gorgeous book, but I am completely in love with it already.  Her blog is one of my all time favourites and I really enjoyed reading the introduction in the book.  She certainly is lucky to have been surrounded by creativity from an early age.  Her writing style is beautiful and I wish I could just click my fingers and have one of each item from the book made up already.

The fabric that came is for my {two} slots in the Fluffy Sheep Rainbow Charm Swap.


I chose Red Chevrons for my Red choice and Dandelions for my Yellow group.

2 yards of each fabric cut up into 5" charms using this tutorial from the Oh Fransson blog... phew, that is a LOT of charms! and fairly nerve wracking too - there is little room for error!  Check out those thin strips of *leftover* fabric in the photo below and you will see how little room for error there really is.

I'm really happy with both my choices and I can't wait to get a whole stack of rainbow back.

Untitled

Hoping that you have had a great day today.
Cheerio for now
Liz
xxxx

14 comments:

  1. I got my copy of Patchwork Please! today too; off to bed to have a read on a sec xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm restraining myself on the book front - enjoy. That is the benefit of buying fabric in the UK by the metre means there is room to breath! Can't wait for the rainbow to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I've been keeping my eye on that book too! Love your charms choice! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. must. not. buy. more. books.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My fabric has arrived too - and now I'm terrified of cutting it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh…I received the same book through the post this week too. It is real eye candy! I love your charm choices. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to get started on the Zakka sew along. It's going to be fun! And I LOVE your fabrics! I'm not in the swap (darn it). You have great taste!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooooo you are so lucky to have this book - can't wait to see what you make from it x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Think that book's on my borrow list...:) Great to see you all today x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, that is narrow, glad I buy metres for this sort of thing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much Liz! I am blushing that you read my instruction in the book. I wrote it, thinking no one would read it, so it's both flattering and embarrassing to know that someone reads it!
    Your 5" square charms are looking so nicely cut with such little waste!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cool your book arrived! The sewalong will be SO fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I cut my pink ones yesterday, like you say, very nerve racking. Can't wait to get my hands on all these charms

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm with you on the Book... now I have to go check out the blog..

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.