Friday, 19 April 2013

Goose Tracks... I Heart You

My sewing time may be restricted at the moment, but that doesn't mean I can't sneak in a little sewing daydream to my lunch hour at work!

I love a quick browse in the Oxfam Bookshop opposite my office every now and then.  It has a whole section for Craft books and there are often some treasures to be found.

This week I managed to snag myself a great little book...

{Vintage} Patchwork Booklet - I love it!
Vintage Loveliness

I think it was printed at the end of the 1970s.

I bought it because I really want to copy the quilting on this Welsh quilt from around 1880.


{Vintage} Patchwork Booklet - I love it!
Made in Wales around 1880
{Vintage} Patchwork Booklet - I love it!
Close up of the amazing quilting
And there are pages of great block ideas

{Vintage} Patchwork Booklet - I love it!

{Vintage} Patchwork Booklet - I love it!

{Vintage} Patchwork Booklet - I love it!

This one particularly caught my eye...

{Vintage} Patchwork Booklet - I love it!

It's called Goose Tracks and I would love to make it.  A quick Google search has not revealed an available pattern, so if you know of one, please let me know.  I *think* I could figure it out on my own but it would lovely not to have to engage the brain too much.

Which is your favourite?

Cheerio for now 
Liz
xxxx

12 comments:

  1. Hi...I have come across this before...have a look on my sidebar for link to "Antique Geometric Quilt Designs". I believe you can also find it in Barbara Brackmann's collection of blocks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great find Liz. I found this :http://www.mccallsquilting.com/qb/pattern_599_2/index.html
    and there is also this youtube video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cllVtCSBoIo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same book, I've blogged about it a couple of times. It's such a great resource! My mother bought it when I was a child, so I feel quite nostalgic as it was my introduction to patchwork :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like Y-seams. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I have that too - it was my Mum's when she tried quilting for about 5 minutes in the 70s!! It must have been a best seller!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I shall be cheering you on from the sidelines as you make that block!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to have that book as a teenager (in the black and white days). Di x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that quilting is amazing! Maybe you need to spend the next few lunch hours figure out the block :oD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous book, that quilting is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's the block that stood out to me too :) love the older crafting/sewing/quilting/needlework books.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How awesome to have a book store that close!! And that block is gorgeous. It looks to have 'Y' seems which I am terrified of. But you always do impress me with what you do!! If I run across that pattern I will definitely let you know!

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.