Saturday, 6 April 2013

Hot Starry Night Blocks

The best thing about being part of a Bee is making something completely out of your ordinary.

The lovely Nanette asked us for {hot} colours this month.  Not my usual palette at all.

Using reds, oranges, pinks, and yellows, we were asked to make the Starry Night Block from Fresh Lemons; a blog I totally love. Faith from Fresh Lemons features some great instructions for paper piecing this block.  Her pictures are perfect and made the job a whole lot easier as a result.

I'm feeling pretty chuffed because I even remembered to change my needle for my *paper* {old bluntish} needle, which I usually forget to do.


Untitled
Hot Starry Night Block

Untitled
Hot Starry Night Block 2

Mo' Stash Bee Friends Hive - the hot starry night blocks
Hot Starry Night Blocks Together

I went for solids around the edge and prints inside because I wanted quite striking blocks, given our brief.

I will definitely give this palette another go soon because I love how these babies turned out.

Hoping that your day has been great too.
Cheerio for now 
Liz
xxxx

13 comments:

  1. You've made a lovely job of the bloks. well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just gorgeous - love all the solids! I like it when you are sewing XXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. They sure are hot! Fab job Liz. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colours and perfect prints, just brilliant blocks :)

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  5. those are amazing! I am well impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow Liz these blocks are brilliant! I just love those colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous blocks, haven't seen those before. And love the colours you have used

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo hot stuff Mrs! these look great xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are looking very hot and groovy, baby xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so disappointed, I thought this was going to be a raunchy night time read... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh your blocks are looking lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are amazing! What beautiful blocks, and I wouldn't have expected those colors to be so attractive.

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.