Thursday, 11 April 2013

Journal Cover and my {new} Favourite Tutorial

Amy Made That!...by eamylove

The project this month on the Across the Pond Sew Along  is Journal Covers and, as I have been meaning to make another for a while, it was a good incentive to get sewing.

Vera on the Flickr group recommended the Bloom and Blossom tutorial.

So, I decided to give that method a try, and I am super glad that I did!  You should definitely go check out the tutorial; it is most certainly my {new} favourite tutorial!  I loved, loved, making this cover and will definitely be making another one soon.

Here is how it turned out...

Across The Pond April make Journal Cover
Journal Cover
Across The Pond April make Journal Cover
Inside flaps and lining {ignore that it's a wrong way up text!}
Across The Pond April make Journal Cover
Front cover - bad lighting


I used some Essex linen accompanied by a patchwork strip of quilting cottons.

The patchwork was an offcut from another block, so in all this project only took me about half an hour.  The perfect quick fix sewing project.

Cheerio for now 
Liz
xxxx

11 comments:

  1. Great tute - thanks for the linky.
    Love your version x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous j.cover L! Love how versatile Essex linen is! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on a beautiful finish! I love the linen with the pretty patchwork strip. I haven't tried this tutorial yet, but will have to make one - it's irresistible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's fab! I have a journal I want to cover, so I will definitely check out that tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the journal cover Liz. And the tutorial is fab too- I've saved it away so I can do this sometime in the future

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great L. Now I am going to check the link out! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great Liz! Thanks for the link - I am always on the lookout for good tutorials, esp for little projects like this x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love journal covers - and this one is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is super cute! I printed that tutorial to try, from Vera's recommendation, and now I have to do it this weekend!
    Love your Essex linen and fabrics!!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your colors and fabrics. I don't know Essex linen, but I do like sewing with linen.

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.