Saturday, 22 June 2013

A Little Bit Wonky

A little bit wonky - thank goodness; that was the brief for our June *Fat Quarterly K* Bee!

This Tallgrass Prairie inspired wonky log cabin block has to be THE most fun-to-make-bee-block ever.

There was none of the usual; are my seam allowances spot on; or, is it perfectly squared up; or even, what fabric goes where, with this bee block.

This was the inspiration...


Source: Tallgrass Prairie blog

and the tutorial can be found here.

Gertie Pye, our June Bee mama, supplied the French General line fabric and here is how mine turned out.


FQRK Bee blocks for June
June block
It was a completely relaxing and enjoyable afternoon of wonk.  Thank you so much Gertie Pye.

I think it is going to be a pretty cool bee quilt.

Hope you have had a good Saturday - even with this atrocious weather.  Is this Summer?!

Liz 
xxx

11 comments:

  1. We haves done a similar block in the hipBee this month. Once I got down to it I enjoyed doing it too and the low stress of seams and size makes it even better. Nice block Liz. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Liz, I love it! And it's always good to know when people have had a good afternoon of wonk :)

    I am hoping it will be a funky quilt and because the blocks are big it should go together quite quickly. Yay! PS still can't wait to see your selvedge quilt - think it will be a real stunner x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your block, and I like the inspiration, too. Looks like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't beat a bit of wonk! Beautiful block L! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great and looks fun to do! Also I'm surprising myself by saying that I actually really like the black and white original, and I'm a colour girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks great and I really like the black and white original

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the combination of the modern graphic block with the traditional looking fabric. Love me some French General :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! I LOVE this! It really does look like a lot of fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  9. cool! I still have to do mine

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do love embracing the wonk in bee blocks :oD

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.