Thursday, 20 June 2013

Green Fingers

Last week, my littlest Dandelion was enthralled to see some photos of another little man doing some gardening over on Clare's blog from Maybush Studio blog.  Clare takes the most amazing photographs and Master Dandelion was captivated to see Theo with a magnificent watering can.

At first he thought the little boy in the photograph was him, but then he looked closer and decided that it was most definitely someone who should be his very good friend.

At the end of that blog post, there was a link to the Kids Grow Wild challenge and several clicks later, I had signed us up for it too.

A couple of days later, a big box arrived on our doorstep and Master D* was thrilled to find a similar watering can and gardening kit inside.


My creation

I think it is certainly true to say that little boys are never so happy as when they are digging in some mud.  

He spent a happy hour digging and planting seeds, before liberally watering them in.   It was an hour of almost pure joy, without any red cheeked huffs or frustrations, without any grumbles or moans, without any electric gadgets or mobile telephones.  It was bliss.

This post is an entry for BritMums’ #KidsGrowWild Challenge

11 comments:

  1. Aww looks like he's been very busy indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, he looks like he was having a lot of fun! My mum has bought Dan a wheelbarrow and the same watering can as Ed's and yesterday he was trying to get me to mow the lawn! (That's NOT my job!) Let's hope my lettuce survive all the ate ring they get! What is he growing? XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. That should say 'watering'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, ed. I love his gloves! Hamish helped his dad with the planting this year - they had much fun with their matching little and large watering cans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what it is about watering cans but they seem to have a bewitching effect on young children! Lovely photos Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Making mud-pies as a child was my favourite garden pastime! Can't beat playing in nature! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww what a fab idea, mine are in charge of the veggie plot this year,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful words and pictures. Commenting for myself and on behalf of BritMums and thanking you for taking part

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope it all grows nicely for him!

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.