Tuesday, 16 July 2013

Siblings Together

Just in the nick of time, I have managed to finish of the charity quilt I've been working on for Siblings Together.

Me and this quilt have fallen out quite a few times...  but we made up over the weekend and last night I hurriedly stitched down the last of the binding.

I deliberately wanted to have a lot of negative space in the top for quilting, but sadly time just flew past too quickly for the elaborate plan I did have.  In the end, I opted for a large heart surrounded by some FMQ in a design inspired by a pattern from Angela Walters book.

Siblings Together, quilt just in the nick of time.


The Siblings Together charity is such a great charity event and I am so glad this is finished in time.  You can read more about the charity and quilt drive here, if you're interested.

Siblings Together, quilt just in the nick of time.

I will try and add a few more pics later.
Liz 
xxxx

10 comments:

  1. Wow, it's super! So looking forward to meeting you at the Retreat and I assume you are bringing your beautiful quilt too :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fantastic Liz and well done for finishing it in this heat! Fingers crossed to see you on Saturday evening lovely xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. *bowing down before you* be.a.ut.i.ful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing Liz - your quilting is so beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you and your quilt made up. She's a true beauty!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Liz. Do we see it at retreat? Di x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish more people made quilts that used so much of a solid color. The stripes are gorgeous on top of the red! I'd love to see some of your work on Kollabora, the crafting site—some of us have gotten into quilting lately and are looking for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.